Episode #112 - Season 5, Episode 22
First Aired: March 12, 1987
After Alex's friend Greg (played by Brian McNamara) dies in a car accident, he has to deal with all kinds of emotions, including a refusal to grieve, and the realization that he was supposed to be with Greg the night he died. He eventually turns to a monk, Brother Timothy (played by Richard McGonagle) and then to a professional counselor (voiced by David Wohl).
- David Wohl appears in four different episodes.
- In a flashback, Alex as a seven-year-old reports finding a flaw in John Dean's testimony (at the Watergate hearings).
- Mallory expresses a belief in reincarnation (which she apparently learned from Shirley MacLaine).
- Jennifer loves the band Van Halen but has a picture of Bruce Springsteen on her wall.
- Alex refers to a short story "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" by Ernest Hemingway (with which his Grant College-educated counselor isn't familiar)