|A Christmas Story|
|Season 1, Episode 11|
|Air date||December 15, 1982|
|Written by||Joanne Pagliaro|
|Directed by||Will Mackenzie|
Have Gun, Will Unravel
Christmas at the Keatons, and plans for a holiday ski trip are knocked out by blizzard. Looking through a photo album causes the family to flash back to earlier days.
- Africa 1965 - Steven and Elyse meet in the Peace Corps and during a drought, Alex is born.
- Berkeley, CA 1967 - Dr. Larry Waxman (played by Charles Levin), an old buddy of Steven's from Camp Cuyahoga, helps to deliver Mallory (while Steven is away taking a Poli-Sci final). Steven isn't sure if he is going to go until Elyse and Crazy Larry finally convince him.
- Columbus, OH 1972 - Steven and Elyse were on their way to vote for McGovern when Jennifer decided to enter the world. Alex wanted to vote for Nixon and Mallory wanted a puppy.
- Nixon won the 1972 election 520-17 in the Electoral College (largest landslide until Reagan's 1984 win), and specifically in Ohio, Nixon won by more than 880,000 votes (not as close as Steven estimated).
- This is the first episode where "Without Us" is performed by Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams, which would be used for the rest of Season 1, and was also used as the theme for seasons 2-7.
- The traditional Keaton Christmas photo (as in "A Keaton Christmas Carol") because Steven gets a camera as a present.
- In "Where's Poppa?", Alex reveals that he ran away from home because of his parents' vote for McGovern.