Episode #109, Season 5, Episode 19
First Aired: February 19, 1987
An episode featuring many flashbacks in an effort to teach Andrew the proper way for men and women to treat each other.
- Part of this episode is used as a flashback in "The American Family".
- "Lost Weekend" - Steven and Alex spend time together at home, while Elyse takes the girls to a mountain cabin.
- "Mr. Wrong" - The Keatons first meet Mallory's boyfriend Nick.
- "Ladies' Man" - Alex tries to impress a girl by supporting the ERA movement, something in which he has no real interest.
- "Love Thy Neighbor" - Jennifer is jealous when an old friend, Scott, shows more interest in Mallory than in her.
- "This Year's Model" - Elyse and Mallory have disagreements about Elyse's role in the "Proper Penguin" commercial
- "Go Tigers" - Mallory ruins Alex's interview at Princeton.
- "The Fifth Wheel" - Jennifer is upset because she thinks Alex and Mallory are ignoring her.